CV Daily Defense Immune Support (Non CBD Formula)
CV Defense is your daily supplement for supporting your immune system.
The immune system is one of the most complicated things on the planet. It consists of barriers to the outside environment like your skin & mucus membranes, your innate immune function like cells that respond to provocation, and your adaptive immunity that can recognize specific challenges to the immune system and rally a tailored response.
CV Sciences has discontinued CV Daily Defense Immune Support (Non-CBD Formula) product. We have a limited quantity in stock, and all are short-dated 11/2022
PEA is the super special ingredient in this CV immune Defense mix: PEA is a cannabinoid-like molecule naturally produced by your brain and body. It interacts with the endocannabinoid system to enhance balance in all kinds of ways. PEA appears at low levels in every mammalian cell and is helpful for a healthy immune response.
- More than 3,000 participants took part in six double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials demonstrating PEA has benefits in immune health.
- PEA is often referred to as a homeostasis mechanism for inflammation
- PEA interacts with the glial cells of the brain. These support cells are the most abundant type of cell in the human nervous system
- It works by binding to the PPAR-α receptor on the surface of the nucleus and changing genetic transcription. It's a high-level influencer and director of immune responses
- There's been a huge amount of studies on this molecule, and there's also one phrase you repeatedly read: "We also noted its safety due to the total absence of adverse effects."
CV Daily Immune Blend:
The endocannabinoid-like PEA + Reishi, the mushroom of immortality.
Organic Reishi (mycelium) Mushroom Extract: This fungus, known as 'the mushroom of immortality, has been used in traditional Chinese medicines for 2,000 years.
- Reishi contains complex polysaccharides called β-glucans that encourage a vigilant and healthy immune system.
- In worm studies, the extract causes an antiaging effect that significantly prolongs lifespan
- According to one review, "the immuno-modulating effects of G. lucidum polysaccharides were extensive."
- An antioxidant that helps to regulate your innate & adaptive immune systems – particularly the T-cells
- Plays a critical role in the normal formation of skin cells and the mucous membranes that protect your nose and throat
- Involved in regulating the growth and specialization (differentiation) of epithelial cells that line the nose and throat
- As early as 1928, Vitamin A was recognized as a nutrient required for the normal functioning of the immune system.
Often known as the sunshine vitamin, it's essential for good health – but up to 42% of the adult population in the US has low vitamin D levels because very few foods contain significant amounts.
- Vitamin D is essential for the efficient utilization of calcium by the body.
- The Vitamin D receptor exists in most of the body's cells and is thought to directly or indirectly regulate ~1,250 genes.
- Vitamin D is a potent immune system modulator, and its receptor is expressed by most immune system cells, including regulatory T cells, dendritic cells, and macrophages. There is evidence that Vitamin D has various effects on the immune system, including enhancing innate immunity.
- According to cross-sectional data from +18,000 participants, the lower the level of Vitamin D in your blood, the greater the chance of upper respiratory tract infections.
- Low levels of sunlight and living in higher latitudes have been associated with the onset and progression of autoimmune disorders – talk to your doctor about getting tested.
- Plant-based Vitamin D3- sourced from lichen
Zinc (as zinc picolinate):
- A Readily absorbable form of zinc supplementation
- An essential micronutrient that is crucial to almost every aspect of health and is second only to iron as your most abundant trace mineral
- An antioxidant that also helps to regulate the immune system
- Human clinical trials support Zinc supplementation for immune benefits
Selenium (as L-selenomethionine):
- A naturally occurring mineral found in healthy foods and the L-enantiomer is considered a highly bioavailable form
- It's an antioxidant on its own and helps to regulate glutathione, a critical endogenous antioxidant
- The immune system relies on adequate selenium intake.
- Selenium is necessary to incorporate over twenty different selenoproteins that exhibit a wide variety of immune functions.
These vitamins, minerals, herbs, and cannabinoid-like compounds work together to be a huge supporter of our immune system. Try it today to protect yourself for tomorrow.
Consume 1 tsp of the liquid herbal supplement three times daily for three days. Remember to rest, stay hydrated, and talk to your doctor.
Palmitoylethanolamide powder (palmitoylethanolamide, polyglycerol polyricinoleate, coconut oil fractionated, citrus oil, lecithin (sunflower &/or oat), vitamin E acetate, colloidal silica), vegetarian capsule (hypromellose, purified water), bamboo silica extract, organic rice bran extract.