Good & Well Supply Co
BADLANDS | America's National Parks Candle
All natural soy candle handcrafted to impart the scents of the wild and pristine lands of America's National Parks.
Land of Stone and Light
Badlands National Park is in South Dakota. Visitors from around the world are drawn to the ruggedly beautiful landscape. The dramatic landscapes span layered rock formations, steep canyons and towering spires that hide one of the world’s richest fossil beds. The park is a sprawling 244,000 acres of rock and prairie grassland where bison, bighorn sheep, prairie dogs, and black-footed ferrets live today.
The Badlands got its name from the Lakota people who dubbed this region “mako sica,” "bad lands long ago because its rocky terrain, lack of water and extreme temperatures made it difficult to traverse
Want to know more about visiting South Dakota and the Badlands?
BAD LANDS: Sweetgrass, Cedarwood, and Patchouli
GENERAL SAFETY AND BURNING TIPS
Please follow these guidelines to keep your Good + Well Supply Co. products a bright and beautiful part of your life. The seller and/or manufacturer are not responsible for misuse.
- Place on a protected, heat-resistant, dry surface, away from anything that can catch fire, and out of reach of children and pets.
- Never leave burning candles unattended. Keep them within sight at all times.
- Always burn your candle in a draft-free area. Drafts (ceiling fans, A/C vents, windows, etc.) will make the candle flame flicker and smoke.
- Ensure that there is enough air space around your candle. Do not burn under a shelf, as this will inhibit the amount of oxygen that is getting to the wick of the candle and can cause the candle to not burn properly.
- Limit length of individual burnings to a maximum of 2 hours. Allow candle to cool before relighting.
- If smoking occurs, extinguish candle, trim wick, remove trimmings, and relight.
- Keep the wick centered.
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches, or any other combustible materials.
- Teach everyone in the family the rules of safe candle use.
CARE OF YOUR AMBER JAR + TRAVEL TIN CANDLES
- Handle candles tins with care.
- Discontinue use if the glass jar is cracked, chipped or broken.
- Do not refill with wax.
- Do not allow the flame to touch the side of the glass jar or tin container.
- The glass jar and tin container may become hot. Handle carefully.
- If smoking occurs, check for drafts or high traffic areas, which may cause flame to flicker and smoke.
- To minimize wax left on the sides of the container, burn 3 hours at a time; it is normal for some wax to be left. The amount will vary based on burning conditions.
- Prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface by discontinuing use when 1/2″ of wax remains. Burning past this point can present a fire hazard.
- Extinguish candle before replacing the lid on both glass jar and tin container. It may be hazardous to continuously use the lid to snuff out the candle. It will also cause the trapped smoke to absorb into the melted wax and discolor the candle as well as alter the scent of the candle.
All products are 100% vegan. 100% eco-friendly. 100% recyclable. Ethically sourced + produced. Never tested on animals. Petroleum free. GMO free. Lead free. Phthalate free. Made in the small batches in Seattle, WA, USA.